Healthcare & FDA
Mergers & Acquisitions
Florida Bar, 1986
District of Columbia Bar, 1988
United States Tax Court, 1988
Certified Public Accountant (Illinios), 1980
Northwestern University,J.D., 1986
Ball State University, B.A., 1979
English and Spanish
Awards and Recognition
- “AV” Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected by Super Lawyers Magazine to Florida Super Lawyers, 2006
Jorge R. Gutiérrez
Jorge R. Gutiérrez is Managing Member/Founder of Gutiérrez Bergman Boulris, PLLC.
Practice Areas – Corporate and International Law
Mr. Gutiérrez concentrates his practice on corporate and international law, including private securities offerings, venture capital, international cross-border and global transactions, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, joint venture transactions, corporate advisory services, intellectual property, private/public partnerships, and public finance. Mr. Gutiérrez has been a Certified Public Accountant for over 30 years. Prior to attending law school, he served with the U.S. Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, Intelligence Division (Indianapolis, IN). Mr. Gutiérrez worked as an International Senior Tax Accountant with the international accounting firm of KPMG, LLP (f/k/a Peat Marwick Mitchell) (Chicago, IL). He also served with a NYSE-listed company as its Vice President for Electronic Commerce, International and Legal Affairs (Sunrise, FL).
He has extensive experience and is familiar with the legal systems, cultures and business practices of the United States, Latin America and Europe. In addition over the span of his career he has established an extensive network of domestic and international business, governmental and professional relationships, which he draws upon in connection with the servicing of his various clients.
He provides counsel (i) regarding the structuring of domestic business operations, including mergers and acquisitions, joint venture, financial transactions, distributorship, franchise, strategic partnering and licensing arrangements, (ii) with respect to international cross-border corporate transactions among domestic and foreign businesses, (iii) regarding regulatory, civil and criminal investigations and (iv) to private and emerging growth companies in matters ranging from formation, key executive recruiting and initial capitalization to venture capital financing and shareholder and board fiduciary duties.
His clients include a broad range of privately held and publicly owned U.S. and foreign individuals, family groups, companies, multinationals and financial institutions. His industry experience encompasses consumer goods, duty free and luxury goods, entertainment, financial services (both consumer and commercial), health care (both domestic and international), gaming, hotels and resorts and technology.
He is an “AV” Rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell, and has been selected a Super Lawyer by the Super Lawyers Magazine.
Mr. Gutiérrez has also been active in various academic, community and civic organizations over the years, serving in both volunteer and board capacities. In addition he is actively involved in various business ventures.
- “Selling Luxury Goods in Latin America: Practical Considerations,” 12 LATIN AM. LAW & BUS. REP., No. 6, at 2004.
- “Legal Auditing of E-Commerce Business, Doing Business Online and the Computerized Practice of Law,” Speaker – University of Montana School of Law, October 15 – 16, 1999; published at 61 MONT.L. REV 1 (2000) (co-authored with Richard C. Bulman, Jr.)
- “Practical Strategies for Global E-Commerce,” E-Business Advisor Magazine, June 1999 (co-authored with Richard C. Bulman, Jr.)
- Chair and Speaker, Y2K World Congress, Miami, Florida, May 23 – 26, 1999
- “Traveling the Treacherous World of E-Commerce,” MIAMI BUSINESS REVIEW, Oct. 30, 1998 (co-authored with Richard C. Bulman, Jr.).
- Numerous other presentations, interviews and speaking engagements
- American Bar Association, Business and International Law Sections, 1986 to present
- American Bar Association, Section of International Law, Vice Chair Working Group on Corporate Social Responsibility, 2006 to 2008
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member, 1981 to present
- Arts of Americas, Advisory Committee, 2011
- Ball State University Foundation, Member, Board Directors, 2016 to present
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Florida, Inc., Member, Board of Trustees, 2010 to 2011
- College Assistance Program of Dade County, Inc., Member, Board of Trustees, 1990 to 1995; Member Advisory Board, 1995 to 1997
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member, 1988 to present
- Florida Bar Association, Business and International Law Sections, Member, 1986 to present
- Friends of WLRN (Public Television and Radio), Member, Board of Trustees, 1997 to 1999
- Inter-American Development Bank – Member Miami, Host Committee, 2008
- Make-a-Wish Foundation of South Florida, Inc., Member, Board of Trustees, 1995 to 1997
- Miami-Dade County Housing Finance Authority, Member, Board of Trustees, 1994 to 1995
- Museum of Science and Planetarium, Member, Board of Trustees, 2003 to 2004
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, Member, Law Board, 2003 to present
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, Member, Board of Governors, 2004 to 2007
- Rhythm Foundation, Member, Board of Directors, 2013 to 2016
- St. Thomas University, Biscayne College, Member, Board of Advisors, 2016 to present
- West Broward YMCA, Member, Board of Trustees, 2003 to 2007