Richard C. Bulman, Jr.
Office: +1 (305) 358-5100
Direct: +1 (786) 888-1744
Fax: +1 (888) 281-1829
Cell: +1 (954) 609-0259
100 Almeria Avenue
Coral Gables, Florida 33134
Biotech & Pharmaceutical
Entrepreneurship & Tech Start-ups
Media & Entertainment
Private Equity & Securities
District of Columbia
Chickasaw Nation (OK)
State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D., 1988; Buffalo Law Review, 1986; SUNY Buffalo Office of Sponsored Programs 1986-88.
State University of New York at Albany, Rockefeller College Public Affairs & Policy, B.A., 1980
Awards and Recognition
- Excellence in Technology Law 2015 – Legal Awards – Corporate Live Wire – Swissport and International Association of Lawyers
- Technology Law – 2013 Law Firm of the Year – Florida – CorporateINTL
- Global Law Experts – Recommended Attorney – Technology – Florida
Richard C. Bulman, Jr.
Richard C. Bulman, Jr. is Of Counsel at Gutiérrez Bergman Boulris PLLC.
Mr. Bulman concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate law, international law, intellectual property, media and entertainment, private equity and securities, entrepreneurship and tech start-ups, and life sciences.
Richard C. Bulman, Jr., is a lawyer with more than 25 years of business and technology experience gained as corporate and general counsel with leading public and private companies such as IVAX (AMEX: IVX), Diversified Communications Industries Ltd. (AMEX:DCI) and American Lawyer Media (Time-Warner affiliate), and major national law firms, such as Kirkpatrick & Lockhart (now KL/Gates) and Akerman Senterfitt.
He has also served as an officer, director, founder, investor and consultant to more than 60 startups and small and mid-sized technology enterprises such as Beyond R+D, City Labs, Inc., Concordia Pharmaceuticals, Brickell Biotech and Northwind Software. Through his efforts, Mr. Bulman helped colleagues and clients to cost-effectively operate and successfully undertake commercial transactions in more than 50 countries.
His clients include a broad range of privately held U.S. and foreign companies, generally SME’s from start-up to $50 million, primarily concerned with commercializing and deriving value from core intellectual property assets and technologies in global markets.
Mr. Bulman’s legal practice skills include: business architecture, planning and strategy; intellectual property development, protection, marketing, licensing and sale; debt and equity financing; branding and channel management; joint ventures, global business combinations and strategic relationships.
- Bulman, Richard C. Jr. “Making IP Innovation Pay”, The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, September 2007.
- Author: Bulman, R. “Divining the Future of Intellectual Property”, les Nouvelles, The Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, Spring 2006.
- Co-Authors: Richard Bulman and Jonathan Lehman, “Attacking the Hacking From the Inside Out”, Journal of Internet Law, December 2004.
- Co-Authors: Richard Bulman and Jorge Gutierrez, “e-Commerce Audits for Companies”, University of Montana Law Review, Winter 2000.
- Co-Authors: Richard Bulman and Jorge Gutierrez, “Practicing Strategies for Global E-Commerce”, E-Business Advisor Magazine, June 1999.
- Co-Authors: Richard Bulman and Jorge Gutierrez, “Traveling the Treacherous World of E-Commerce”, Miami Business Review, October 30, 1998.
- Online Editor, Lexis-Counsel Connect, American Lawyer Media, LLP. 1994-96
- Speaker: “Doing Business in Florida for Bio Medical and Life Sciences Companies”, The Executive Office of Florida Governor Jeb Bush and Enterprise Florida, London, England, and Edinburgh, Scotland, June 2006.
- Speaker: “Legal Auditing of E-Commerce Business, Doing Business Online and the Computerized Practice of Law”, Browning Lecture Series, University of Montana School of Law, October 1999
Memberships & Community Activities
- American Bar Association (Science and Technology Section)
- Association of University Technology Managers;
- District of Columbia Bar Association (Computers and Technology Section)
- Florida Bar (Business Law Section)
- Incubate Miami
- International Licensing Industry Merchandisers Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- Marques Association of European Trademark Owners
- New York State Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- Rochester Institute of Technology – Center for Student Innovation- Mentor
- The Launch Pad – University of Miami – Mentor
- University of Buffalo – Mentor Program